About Microsoft Surface
Microsoft Surface is a series of tablets designed and marketed by Microsoft. The Surface comes in two versions, one with Windows RT and another with Windows 8 Pro. The Windows RT model uses an ARM CPU, while the Windows 8 Pro model will use an Intel CPU. Both models are able to install new applications via the Windows Store, however only the Windows 8 Pro model allows the installation of traditional third-party desktop programs.
Music in iTunes Store is in the Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) format, which is the MPEG-4-specified successor to MP3. Songs with DRM are encoded at 128 kbit/s. At the January 2009 Macworld Expo, Apple announced that all iTunes music would be made available without DRM, and encoded at the higher-quality rate of 256 kbit/s. However, television episodes, many books, and films are still FairPlay-protected.
So if you want to play iTunes music and video on the Windows tablet, especially Surface with Windows RT, you will need to remove iTunes DRM first. Now let me show you how to remove DRM from iTunes music and video, convert iTunes music and video to plain MP3 and MP4 and transfer iTunes music to Microsoft Surface.
Remove DRM from iTunes music and convert iTunes music to MP3
1. Download and install TuneClone.
2. Create a new playlist in iTunes and add iTunes songs to the playlist.
3. Launch TuneClone. Click the Settings tab. In the pop-up window, specify output folder, output file name format, output format, etc. for the output files.
Note: Check whether TuneClone virtual CD drive is successfully installed and where it is installed at the bottom left corner of the interface. (Very Important)
4. In iTunes, Right click the playlist you just created and choose Burn Playlist to Disc.
5. In the pop-up window of Burn Settings, select TuneClon Virtual_CD-RW from the CD Burner drop-down list, click the radio button next to Audio CD and tick Include CD Text option. Click Burn to start burning.
6. Upon the completion of burning the disc and encoding the music, you can open the TuneClone manager screen to show all the converted music files. To locate the output folder, simply click the Folder tab on the interface.
Remove DRM from iTunes video and convert iTunes video to MP4
Here is the link to how to convert iTunes video to MP4
Transfer Music and Video to Micrsoft Surface
When the iTunes music is converted to MP3 and iTunes video to MP4, you can start to transfer the output music and video files to your Microsoft Surface.
1. Copy music and video files onto a USB flash drive or memory card on another computer.
2. Insert the USB flash drive or memory card into Surface.
3. Tap or click the notification that appears in the upper-right corner of the screen.
4. Tap or click Open folder to view files. File Explorer opens.
5. Select the music and video files you want to add to Surface, tap or click Home, and then tap or click Copy to.
6. Select a location.